Today Zoey turned 5 months old.
What in the what?
Yeah, that means next month is 6 months.
And then she’s a year. And then she’s 13. And then she’s at college.
And I’m officially crying.
Okay for real.
All these books and people talk about the love you have for your child and none of them lied in it. Not one person. It’s true. You love and love and your heart hurts and you smile and you cry and oh my gosh it’s like the greatest blessing but the scariest one all at the same time.
And 5 months has flown. And amidst crazy life, I am really, really trying to be super intentional about my time with Zoey. My time with Rick and Zoey as a family. And savoring up the moments. And a 5 months, here’s a few things about Zoey.
- She sleeps through the night, 12 hours, praise the sweet Lord. In fact, she sleeps like a champ for her naps as well.
- She rolled over a couple weeks ago and now has decided to sleep on her stomach. Which means we go in and check on her 874 times to make sure she’s breathing.
- She is eating solids (we skipped the cereal because of some pooping situation(s) we have going on) and on the very first bite, she opened her mouth wide as if she had been eating from a spoon out of the womb. #foodie
- Speaking of food. I walk with her to the grocery store around 17 times a week. I don’t get a cart and I just pile all the groceries into the stroller. The other day she stole a lemon. Please don’t tell anyone.
- I say prayers with her every night when I put her down and when I do, she literally stares at me and has a giant smile on her face the whole time. No joke. Every night. She totally loves talking to Jesus.
- She sucks on her toes and her hands and her thumb and her burp cloth and Rick’s finger and every single solitary thing she can get her hands on.
- She is obsessed with itsy-bitsy spider and twinkle twinkle little star. Like will stop crying in one second if you sing those to her. Speaking of, did you know that twinkle twinkle little star and the abc’s is the same song/tone? Sing them both and you will see what I mean. #hadnoidea
- In the last 1-2 weeks, I’ve had a few people say she looks like me. In the last 5 months, I’ve had 4,000 people tell me she looks like Rick. We are making progress…
- As a true Floridian, she loves the outdoors. Loves. Loves the noises, the palm trees and flowers. Hates when the sun gets in her eyes.
- She took her first step today which was incredible!
- Most people think she’s a boy…”oh, he’s so cute!” Perhaps I need to invest in more headbands.
- She totally notices Rick and me and Hillary (our amazing nanny)…seems like a small thing but ooohhh it’s like the greatest, most heartwarming thing ever.
- I’m lying about point 9. Come on, what do you think she’s a prodigy or something? I just want to make usre you’re still reading. Zoey thinks that’s funny…